Thursday, June 23, 2005

Crazy cool

Just listened to my new favourite cd so far this year and no one that knows me will believe it. Paul Anka - Rock Swings. I know, I know the rocker... the original stalker song fan at karaoke loving a Paul Anka cd. Covers of rock songs that we all know but done in a swing/ jazz style and very well I must add. Give it a chance. Trust me.

So AFI did their list of the 100 greatest quotes from the movies and I have issues (as always) with a few things. First of all 6 - 1 was not broadcast due to a storm in Boston. I know, nothing they could do about that but it's really annoying to watch a 3 hour countdown show and miss the top 5. Arrgghh! So "Casablanca" was in the list 6 times. *6 TIMES* Hey I love the movie. Greatest in all time in my so humble opinion but come on if you are making this list to get people interested in said movies shouldn't you list 100 movies. That would be so much cooler. Thread the 6 great quotes from one movie together and rank them where AFI sees fit as one quote... and come on "Plastics" from "The Graduate" ranking higher than "There's no crying in baseball" from "A league of their own" me think not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home