Thursday, October 06, 2005

Thanksgiving

Since this will probably be my last update before the Thanksgiving weekend and since there are a lot of people that have been there for me in the past few adventurous years, I would like to make my thank you's public. I will try to let you all know individually as well (try).

Thank you to...
Amanda - for caring about the real me
Amy - for not judging me, oh and for the turtles
Barry & Karen - for welcoming me into your home, your lives and your hearts
Bill, Lee, Alannah, Vanessa & Sabrina - for showing me that time and distance doesn't separate families
Bonnie - for being supportive and Terri's rock to lean on
Brent - for reminding me to just be me and enjoy it
Chris - for the hugs when I most needed them
Christina - for the continued help and support
Claire - for being messed up, knowing it and knowing it's okay to enjoy it
Claire (different Claire)& Tom - for giving me the opportunity and for sharing your lives with us
Colin & Marilyn - for pleasantly surprising everyone, especially your daughters for welcoming me into your lives with open arms
Crystal - for keeping Scrat and myself grounded and for helping to give us wings (roots and wings)
Dad - for all my life's lessons and for letting me know that as long as no one gets hurt and I learn from it then nothing is a mistake
David - for reminding me that I can always be more and that's it's okay to be where I am at the time...Ooh toast
Doug - for being the insanity that dwells inside us all. When you let people in you are better than reality - you are Doug and that's a good thing
James - for being just like your musical tastes - one of a kind - and for constantly picking me up and not shaking your head "too" much
Jenn - for your support, kind thoughts and patience with two stubborn people
Jesse - for giving me the freedom to find myself again and then to keep checking on me so that I don't get lost again...and of course for Risk
Jessica - for the heart to hearts and for helping to guide me through some "interesting" times
Judy, Darrell & Matthew - for putting up with Terri and then having to deal with me on a day to day basis and yet taking all these life changes in stride
Kay-Jo - for constantly looking out for us and always knowing when we need a smile
Leslie - for the hope and the heart. I couldn't have gotten here without you
Lisa - for your continuous good wishes. It is appreciated
Lise - for the late night talks, the smiles and the many laughs when I was finding it hard to laugh
Mare - for including me in the conversations when I felt I was out of place getting to know the group. You are the one that made me feel at ease
Marie-Eve - for the vent sessions, the reality checks and the ear when I just had to sing
Marsha - for not only not taking advantage of me but also for taking care of me before yourself. I did notice that you go that extra step
Matthew & Tammy - for not forgetting that there was a me before and after the we dissolved
Melissa - for the blatant honesty and friendship that Terri needs and for welcoming a stranger like me into your life
Mike - for being so afraid for me that you made me get out of my "comfort zone"
Paul - for adding the rhythm to my words and my life
Sean - for knowing that I was just too afraid to let the world hear me
Sherry - for giving me the confidence to begin my new life and follow my dreams
Stew - for the supportive thoughts and not shying me away even though we are still new to each other
Terri - Wow, where to begin. All I can truly say is that after everyone else has helped me to get to where I am, where I want to be is right here...with you. You make it all worthwhile. I love all that you encompass
Toby - for letting me know it is more important to love myself than it is to be loved
Tracy - for making me constantly not rush ahead on anything. You made me think and thus allowed me to be sure that this time it's all right
Tyler - Ah Scrat, for being the one that's been there from the beginning and stuck threw all the way. I love you bruddha, Fong
Wayne & Cathy - for being so sure of yourselves and of your unity that Terri and I know that it's truly possible.

You are all amazing people and I am grateful that you have been a part of my life in at least some way over the past little while...here's hoping that your dreams are big and that you all have shoulders to climb on to help you reach them because once you get there it's so much more fun to share. Peace and love
-Van

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I feel loved n_n

-Chris

October 10, 2005 5:38 PM  
Blogger mare said...

aw, van - you ol' softie ;)

October 11, 2005 4:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wub you 2 Van <3
-Mandee (crazy prego)

October 16, 2005 10:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home