Wednesday, July 13, 2005

I'm not even supposed to be here today!

Couldn't sleep at all last night after being sick and exhausted all of yesterday. All I wanted was to come home and go to sleep but alas my state of mind wasn't there. I spent the whole day just going through the motions not even aware of what was going on half the time and that's probably why it sunk in...the movie "Clerks". Right before bed there was one of those commercials on tv with kids playing road hockey which with my mindset automatically sent me drifting to the scene from clerks where they are playing road hockey on the store roof. Not a big deal, I can drift off to sleep with that being my first dream. Wrong! I ended up watching the whole movie in my head all night. Now, I don't have that movie memorized or anything but for some reason I did pretty well with the lines. Of course my brain was now on overdrive trying to remember each scene when all I wanted was to go to sleep.

I even ended up writing this blog in my head last night complaining about not sleeping, thus keeping me awake longer. D'ya ever think of something in the middle of the night, write it down thinking that it's brilliant and when you read it in the mornin' it doesn't even make sense? I end up wasting the rest of my day trying to figure out why I thought it was so well done in the first place. Maybe I wasn't reading it in the same context or I missed a word or sentence in writing etc.

At least today's a short 12-11pm day at work then I can sleep in tomorrow. Nevermind tomorrw's my only chance to catch up on laundry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home