Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Life as I know it or Who put Da Bomb in Abreu

Started work again yesterday after almost 8 weeks off. Will probably get my first paycheque before I even find out if my unemployment application has been approved. Such is my life.
started playing with setting up a gift registry for the wedding on Sunday for the first time ever and it's actually (that word again) quite difficult. At least it is for me since I don't really know what we need except money to pay for it all and that's not what a gift registry is for. Where we are living now we need some things but we don't have room for much and we will be moving within a few months and we don't know what space there will be at the new place. I had some fun though. I grabbed a scanner and ran around the store scanning everything that I liked and yet never made it to the electronics department. For those who know me, that's my home...electronics. Terri wanted to look at the "big ticket" items that we actually(2) needed but I figured unless my friends won a lottery before the wedding we should look at more realistic stuff so I started in on the games. Ooh yeah!

Congrats to Bobby Abreu on winning the home run derby. $300,000 was won for charities across the US at the derby.
KARMA is playing at the boardwalk in Saint John on August 26/27 so if you like classic rock you gotta catch them. Best live band out there!

6 Comments:

Blogger canadianicewolf said...

With regards to Karma, are we going to sit down at a patio place on the boardwalk at one of the restaurants, or do we have to stand up in the front row for a few hours? Just asking for a heads up on footwear! :)

July 12, 2005 1:15 PM  
Blogger Shawn said...

Oh man, the girls should never let us loose with those registry guns!! When we were doing ours, and my wife wasn't looking, I managed to wander off and get a 20 pound bucket of dishwasher detergent pucks scanned onto the registry. Figure if I couldn't get any of my play toys on there I at least had to throw something totally stupid on there that would puzzle people a bit.

July 12, 2005 2:11 PM  
Blogger canadianicewolf said...

*Shaking my head in agreement - not in disbelief* No doubt about it Gates - you haven't changed all that much, baby or not!

July 12, 2005 2:16 PM  
Blogger Spirtswoosh said...

I don't know how it all works on the boardwalk. You haven't taken me there yet!!! But I'll be jumping on the tables during the show.

July 12, 2005 3:17 PM  
Blogger canadianicewolf said...

You should put a link to Karma's website on your post

July 12, 2005 5:44 PM  
Blogger Spirtswoosh said...

done!

July 12, 2005 6:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home