Friday, August 05, 2005

Ya ever?

D'ya ever start thiking about a song or movie that you haven't heard or seen in forever. That's where it begins. The search. Ooh I know everyone in '89 had this song so it should be easy to find. Oh this movie was filmed in NB so they just have to have a copy of it. Not to be. You search frantically for the one item. It wasn't even that important at first but now that you can't find it you can't let the system win. You know it's out there. Store after store, p2p after p2p (perfectly legal in Canada - and as I say if they didn't want me to download it then they would have made it available in a store to purchase so ppfftt!!)
Then after a week of looking and asking everyone you know, there it is, one single copy that one person has online of such song/movie. Uh oh of course they have dial up and the download takes another full week but that's okay as long as you found it. Then as soon as it's finished downloading (as long as it doesn't cut out after 3 days saying the file is corrupt) while wandering through the mall, there it is. The lousy muther's got in 5 copies as did the store in the other mall. They told me they couldn't even order it!!! Now I don't want to buy it from them cuz they put me through hell trying to get it and they lied to me. No I won't let them win. So I drive to Moncton, go to the same store where they don't know me and buy my song/movie...and just to be a prick on my downloaded copy I comment doesn't work/ corrupted (kidding I wouldn't do that, that's too evil).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home